Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year Bloggers

Simon & I went to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve (I behaved myself in church this time). I enjoyed Christmas Day, although it was rather hectic and exhausting. I spent Boxing Day relaxing at home playing with my new iPod nano and continued to eat & drink to the max. On Thursday we all went to see Ladykillers at the Gielgud Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue, followed by a meal in a restaurant back in Hornchurch. We were invited to a party last night. I sat in an armchair with my sister in law on one side, Simon on the other, 2 little boys, with sticky fingers, behind and at some point Cody the dog virtually on top - very cosy. The big build up to midnight was spent by playing QI and followed by several rounds of Hungry Hippos, which incorporated shots for the losers. Before we knew it(!), it was midnight- with the obligatory Jools Holland and the fireworks on the telly.
Table set ready for New Years Day lunch
Today was much more relaxed. I cooked for just the 4 of us. Whilst preparing lunch I listened to my new CD, which I bought in the sales for just £3 in Sainsbury's yesterday: Soul Hits. It is surprisingly good and includes 1960's classics by many artists, including Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, Percy Sledge - too many to mention. There are only 2 tunes I can't really get into: Soul Finger by The Bar-Kays and The Berther Butt Boogie - truly abysmal. But this has to be the ultimate love song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSutwr3_F_E
I am listening to this on my ear phones, while I blog, with a cup of coffee and liqueur (Benedictine) to hand - oh and the odd After Eight mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment