Tuesday 13 September 2011

Food glorious food

I'm going to be jettisoned to a remote South Pacific isle, where I will be whisked off into the ease of life sans care - well at least it promised me all this on the packet of green tea that a colleague from work gave me to try. I surrendered and treated my palate to it's sumptuous delight and tried desperately to experience the indulgence of 'green tea passion', but failed dismally. I would much rather surrender to a cup of Gold Blend (caffeine and all) and the purple bar of chocolate I saw advertised this morning. YES Quality Street purple wrapped hazelnut caramels - in a bar. I bet they are heaven on earth.
As usual for me, everything is about food. I am so excited. I have ordered an American-style fridge/freezer. I've been hankering after one for ages. Imagine how many purple bars I'll be able to store in it! My freezer has packed up and so we are eating all the contents and I am having to cook all the meat asap so that not too much needs to be thrown out. Right now I am in the process of cooking a large 4lb joint of beef with roast potatoes, veg. etc. I wouldn't mind but I'm the only one at home to eat it. Simon's at work, Martin's away with college overnight and Amber's a vegetarian.

Meanwhile, I'm trying desperately to lose weight after my time off work recently when I really overindulged, but more importantly I have been trying to get fit. Since joining the gym, 3 weeks or so ago, I have been to the gym 3 times each week and badminton club started again last night. I am enjoying my gym sessions, but am I the only person who is too scared to let go of the handles on the treadmill? I don't even run. I do a steady pace at about 6 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment