Thursday 1 September 2011

New Experiences

Roman Baths
My first visit to Bath. Loved it. Wish I could afford to live there, but it's well out of my league. After a tour of the famous Roman Baths we had tea in the Pump Room. Unfortunately (!) Simon didn't like any of the little cakes so I had to attempt to eat them all myself. I wasn't really dressed appropriately for afternoon tea. I was proudly wearing my new Bath Ruby Club rugby shirt ready for my first ever experience of a live rugby match - a friendly (you could have fooled me) between Bath and Bristol. Simon had to explain the game to me from the very basics and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bath won. I'm all psyched up for the World Cup now.

The Stadium, Bath Rugby Club



Bath v Bristol
It was chilly the next day, whilst walking the length and bredth of Bath, so I sported my rugby shirt again and appeared to become an integral part of an official guided tour. We heard a guide, walking behind us, point me out to his group several times as he explained that Bath was a rugby town and that the lady in front was wearing Bath Rugby colours. I'm thinking of charging Bath and North East Somerset County Council for my services!
We booked into the Therma Spa and enjoyed a morning sampling the Kraxen Stove, pools and steam rooms - so relaxing. This was another first for me. I've never been to a spa, health farm or whatever. We wanted to have a traditional massage, but they were fully booked. Nevermind, I've booked into The Vanilla Room for a neck, shoulder and back massage in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment