Thursday 1 September 2011

I may as well keep blogging while I'm "on a roll"

I've learnt something new. When we stayed in our 5 star hotel (not sure how it got 5 stars) in Bath, I noticed that the toilet roll has been folded onto a triangular shape at the end. I have never noticed this before anywhere. "How posh" I exclaimed to Simon, who apparently knew that this was common practice. Well, I was so impressed that I took a photo! And, not to be out done, I have done the same to our loo roll in the caravan. I wonder if Simon will notice.

Since then I have done a little research and discovered that it's true. Hotels often pleat the down-hanging flap into a kind of inverted bishop's mitre arrangement, not dissimilar to origami-esque table-napkin folding, perhaps as a gesture to demonstrate to the guest that they are the first to use the roll, or an indication: 'Pull here, you slob'.
But there's more to it. Apparently there is also the question of whether to under hang or over hang your loo roll. I wont go into the ins and outs of this.
Does anyone agree with me when I say I really do need to get back to work sooner rather than later?







No comments:

Post a Comment